How to get to Tui
For getting Tui, gateway of the Camino Portugués in Galicia, there are several options:
- By train: Tui’s railway station is situated in Guillarei, which is 5Km from downtown; from there you can take a taxi/cab for 8€ approximately.
For those who come from Porto (PT) or Vigo (SP), there is a train that joins the two cities and Tui it’s just on the way.
For more info do not miss the Spanish national rail network website: http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html
- By bus: the most suitable way would be travelling to Vigo, from there you can pick a bus up to Tui with a bus company called ATSA (+0034 986 610 255). That bus company offers a considerable number of daily frequencies.
For more info: http://www.atsahorarios.com/
It is worth to mention that Vigo’s bus station has also an extensive bus network and convers big cities as Madrid and Valencia (Avanza Bus), Madrid-Barajas, Bilbao and Sevilla (Alsa) and Barcelona (Vibasa).
- By car: Tui is very well connected town if your choice turns out to be a car, there is the AP-9 highway that joins the north of Galicia, A Coruña, passing through Santiago de Compostela and Vigo, and Tui. There is also another option if your choice is not to pay any toll, the A-55 highway.
- By plane: the nearest airport is situated in Peinador, Vigo’s outskirts, there are direct flights to Vigo-Peinador from various places of Spain and from some European cities. There are urban buses that connects Vigo-Peinador with Vigo bus station/downtown.
- In any case, apart from the Backpack Transportation, we do provide a transportation of persons service by car. Contact us for more information on this topic.